Tuesday 27 November 2018

Clean and expecting rain

Well, we had the RV and car washed and waxed so we can start setting up outside.  It is going to rain tonight and tomorrow so I washed the table and chairs but didn't put out mats or the gazebo.





 Valeria Valentina and me colouring while her parents wash RV

Valeria's english is now very good and she is teaching me Spanish.  Her parents sometimes call her Valeria and sometimes Valentina which was initially a little confusing.  We learned that many Mexicans have two names.  Someone told me they thought a friend had 4 brothers for a long time before they learned they just had 2 names each.  

Teri and I went to El Monteon today to the bodega to get our outside furniture and stuff out of storage.  There were some giant spiders and geckos in the bodega.  Yikes!  I squished one spider but the biggest one stayed in a corner and we figured that was good enough.

 Downtown El Monteon










I forgot to mention the humongous black and orange tarantula we passed over on our way from Mazatlan.  At first Cam thought it was a small turtle and so we went over it and didn't hit him.  Later when we stopped for lunch I told Teri and said she better check her truck grill.  The look she gave me!  She did check though.

Tonight was Taco Tuesday so we enjoyed cheap tacos and free margaritas.  They are putting a new roof on the big palapa so Taco Tuesday is temporarily being held at the pool.


Buenas noches

No comments: