Friday 11 November 2016

November 11 - Toro, Toro but I was not ready

This morning we looked out over the beach and saw the Great Frigate birds and Brown Pelicans swooping onto the beach to pick up small herring-like fish that were running up the beach being chased by Crevalle Jacks.  Toro, Toro!  Unfortunately, I was in my go-to-town dress and it was a small run of fish.  My rod was still packed away as well.  Excuses, excuses.  Another fellow, who also fishes made it down there in time to catch 2 jacks.  He later said we should string lines to a bell and whoever sees the birds first can ring it.


birds - first sign of a run


fish splashing into shore


Caught one

Oh well, so we went to town and bought a table, 2 chairs and a water dispenser.  Later in the afternoon I went back into town again to shop for groceries with Teri in her giant truck.  I don't know how she does it but she can drive it in those streets.


This is one of the Class A shelters someone built.  One wall and tarps over a metal frame.


Allamanda in yellow


One of the kitchens built by local tradesmen for a camper.   

1 comment:

Meagan said...

So have you guys decided if you will get a kitchen built?