Saturday 19 November 2016

November 17, 18, & 19 - under the weather y medico

Well, Cam and I have both been a little under the weather these past few days.  We have basically laid in our recliners enjoying the view or nodding off.   Birdwatching being the effort of the day.


Orchard Oriole

Today, I decided it was time to go see Doctor Raúl Renteria R.  Off we went to town.  This is a long weekend in Mexico as Sunday is el Día de la Revolución.   Mexicans remember and celebrate the Revolution of 1910 to 1920 every year on the 20th of November with this National holiday.  The trailer park is filling up with tents and the town is hopping.   We can here the drums and horns of the school bands practicing this week.


La Peñita Centro

The park office phoned and the Dr was in and would see me now, so off we went.  Very much like a clinic in Manitoba but way faster.  I had the usual blood pressure test and temperature under the arm by a nurse then immediately to see Dr Raúl.  (The Doctors seem to be called by their first name here.)  He asked the usual questions and checked me out.  Then told me I had bronchitis and prescribed some medicine which he said they would sell me at the front counter.  All in all it took about 20 minutes and $1400 pesos ($98CDN) total of which 500 was for the Doctor, 82 tax and the rest for the medicine.   Although this does not seem like much comparing to U.S. costs it would be a lot for a Mexican family.  Although I believe they would not pay as much as a foreigner.


Clinica Rentaria


Antibiotic, ibuprofen, bronchodilator

It is probably just the thought but I already feel loads better tonight.   The park is full of Mexican families enjoying the beach.  


tents near the beach 

1 comment:

Amy and Rick said...

Hope you are feeling better and the rowdy's don't keep you awake to much.
We have been hunting for the last 2 days at RC so will be glad to sleep in tomorrow.......4 deer hanging and now its time to think about cutting.