Tuesday 3 February 2015

Catalina State Park

Since we were tucked up overly close to Tucson, today was city-things day.  My Lafuma zero G recliner is an important part of my outdoor kit, and inexplicably, was not in the Bigfoot when we got south.  Many companies' websites promised that they carried them, but when it came time to physically produce one at a store, none were to be found.  After a fruitless hour or two of searching and phoning stores, I decided to compromise on the REI almost zero G recliner with the “Summer-in-Manitoba-mosquitoes-will-bite-your arse” mesh, which is said to be much cooler when in the desert. 


When in REI, I did, however get the names of four bicycle constructors/artisans, who may be able to modify the Runner, if necessary, to engineer some of the overly enthusiastic leaning tendencies out of it.  

Nancy and the neighbour headed off to do laundry, while I was tasked with overseeing both her and our dogs.  Sounds easy enough.  I had planned on putting a few miles on the Runner, to see if some familiarity would allow me to master it’s active lean system.  Alas, a stumble and fall, and a session with Kirk, trying to untangle he and his long line from the demon lawn chair, while he did his best just-hooked Marlin impression lead me to simply retire to my fine new REI recliner and await the women’s return.  I needed a rum anyways.



On Nancy’s return, we headed over to Sutherland’s Wash, which is temporarily a flowing brook, much to all the local’s amazement.  Nancy birdwatched, Kirk gamboled in the stream and dug for whatever was down there. 


1 comment:

Amy and Rick said...

Wow Kirk still being chased by a chair. When you began that story I had visions of Kirk, 2 other dogs, the Lyric with other various patio furniture wrapped around a saguro cactus! Hope you get the trike issues worked out it looks like grand country to go for spin. Tell Nancy we expect a daily bird count of the additions to her life list.
R&A