Friday 1 April 2016

April 1 - Burleson Tx


We drove from Palmetto State park to Burleson Tx just outside Fort Worth today.  We went straight north on the I35 through Austin and Waco, don't think we'll do that again.  Had some slowdowns from 75 mph to almost 30 mph due to construction and towns so it took longer than expected and I hate the constant traffic.  Next time its back onto the back roads of hill country like last year.


Paintbrush and Bluebonnet lupine flowers along highway

The flowers continue along even the freeway in waves.  Kirk and I went for a walk and found the park name sake and just had to have a photo.


bring back any memories Cindy?








A little area of contrasts.  A bit of nature struggling against the ever growing manmade amusement park.
I guess if you had kids they would enjoy it.  Our nature loving friends would be horrified, I should book a little earlier for a Friday & Saturday!  Ok, Cam & I just saw a bear driving a golf cart with a pack of kids chasing him, must have been something in the Domino's pizza we just ate. 


a duck, Kirk and I enjoyed this spot

368 Km.

No comments: