Tuesday 25 February 2020

Laguna Life

I went birding yesterday along the lagoon in the park with a very experienced birder.  We identified about 50 species of birds.  I added 2 new species to my bird life list.  These were the Orange-billed Nightingale-Thrush and the Plumbeous Vireo.  I didn't take my camera so today I went back.


Citreoline Trogon








Yellow-crowned Night-Heron




Yellow-crowned Night-Heron (immature)






Julia butterfly


Yellow-winged Cacique




Termite nest


Cacique


Eating berries




Carmine Skimmer


While I was taking dragonfly photos a couple of skinks had a rolling battle beside me.  Too fast for photos though.  I thought they certainly would hunt the dragonfly.  However, within minutes a new predator appeared on the scene.


Skink




maybe a Rat Snake


1 comment:

Ophiella said...

I didn't know that termites made nests in trees...for whatever reason I thought they were underground/ hills like ants. That's so neat to see! Great bird pictures too!