Tuesday 12 January 2016

Jan 12th - Meagan's guest post

Wow, I feel like a celebrity getting to write a guest post on the infamous Cam and Nancy blog.

It has been a fantastic week here with mom and dad in La Penita. The view is as incredible as they made it sound, the park and the people in it are fantastic and we had a ton of fun. The weather was perfect for me the whole time, cooler in the evening and hot but not outrageous during the day.
Most of our adventures were covered in mom and dad's blog posts. Trips into the lovely little town of La Penita, a 5 mile hike out through the plantations, finding sea turtle hatchlings on the beach, a trip to San Blas with a boat tour through the mangroves and swamp, and of course lots of relaxing and visiting with the folks.
I am packing for my flight home tomorrow so I won't go into a long winded post, instead I will share some pictures I took that people might enjoy, and leave it at that. I will also add that if you have the chance to come down and visit, go for it, it's a great time.

Pictures:

The infamous Iguana who suns on the wall at mom and dad's site each afternoon.



Large crocodile we saw on the San Blas boat tour.  About 8 feet long.  Hands inside the boat amigo!


The beloved Kirk.  Still going strong, even with his newly developed cataract.


The gorgeous view from the patio, just at sunrise.


Violet-crowned Hummingbird


Cinnamon Hummingbird


Broad-billed Hummingbird


Painted Buntings.  Gorgeous birds I wish we had at home.


My darling mother putting up the feeder for the hummingbirds.  They drain it at least once a day.
They also drain all the other feeders around the park every day.


One of the many hummingbird battles that happen regularly.


This gives you an idea of how many hummingbirds are flying around at once.  It is like a swarm of mosquitoes, but more charming and much less bitey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos Meggie! Thanks