Sunday 17 January 2016

January 16 & 17

Yesterday I went to Puerto Vallarta on a major shopping run with friends.  We went to Walmart, Costco, Gallerias Vallarta (mall), and Home Depot.  You know you are beginning to feel at home when it is just like another trip to Winnipeg without the snow/cold.  I bought 2 strings of solar rope lights for the patio canopy which Cam installed today.  Last night a Coati Mundi (kind of like a large raccoon), who is known to be a night time visitor, knocked down our hummingbird feeder and bent our pole slightly.  While we were finishing breakfast, flocks of Brown Pelicans and Magnificent Frigate birds started dive bombing the beach shallows below us.  It was another run of little fish swimming up the beach chased by larger fish.  So I grabbed my fishing rod and went down there to surf fish.  Alas, although I saw fish in the surf I didn't catch any.  A large flock of Mexican parrotlets also visited our trees this morning, quite a noisy crew.

Some local photos:


Bollitos!  How can you resist this outside our door in the morning.


Look junior, Kirk is making an ass of himself again.


I am going to get that iguana!


Cacique



Well, the solar lights work great and the neighbourhood inspectors will be arriving soon to try it out.  Buenos noches.

No comments: