Sunday 10 January 2016

January 10th - Miles and miles

This morning I spotted a Collared Forest Falcon.  I had heard the haunting call of this forest bird in the park nearly every morning but could never see it.  Meagan and I and some other folks walked 5 miles in the morning through the plantations.


Barking roof dogs along the way to plantations 

In the afternoon we walked back into La Peñita for groceries.  Took in hamburger night and early to bed for our trip to San Blas tomorrow.

It was a slow day for me today, after a long night of severe gastrointestinal distress (I'll spare you the horrible details of the warbling squirts).  Not from eating at a street vendor, not from drinking "local" water, but disappointingly, from eating bad fish at a relatively expensive restaurant, yesterday, in Chacala.  I laid about for the day, pounding water, electrolytes, and the occasional tylenol. While I am on the mend, I'm not up for tomorrow's trip to San Blas 8-(.

On a second disappointing note, we met friends of our friends who arranged for accommodations in Sayulita via the internet, and flew down only to find the place did not exist; no accommodation, money gone.  They are getting a room in the fine little hotel across the carretera from the park.

On a brighter note, between her early morning beach check for tortugitos, the plantation walk, including the better part of "Cardiac Hill", and a walk into town for supplies, Meagan achieved the 20,000 and 25,000 step award on her fitbit.  Impressively, Nancy made it, as well.

No comments: