Saturday 13 February 2016

February 13th - Back to El Monteon Beach (North)

Today we made another attempt to find the sandal lady in El Monteon and took Bev & Stan along.

She wasn't home so we took the high road through the jungle to the beach.










El Monteon north beach

Then back to Rincon and on to La Peñita to the Carneceria (butcher shop).   


While I was waiting for Nancy to do our shopping, I was sitting, contemplating life and admiring the liveliness of La Peñita.  The energy of people going about their lives.  Of course, since it is a different country, things are seldom done as we would do them in Canada, however, you must admire the positive attitude and sheer resourcefulness of the average joe, who achieves many things, with very little income nor the formal structure of the many resources we Canadians often take for granted.  Another fine day in Mexico.

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Man.. I hope I look even half as good as Aunty Bev when I'm her age.