Saturday 5 December 2015

December 5 - Action on the beach

Today started out slow with laundry, working on the satellite, and a vegetable market in the park.
Then I noticed action on the beach with pelicans, terns, and frigate birds diving into the shallow beach surf and landing on the beach plucking fish out of the receding waves.


There were lots of small fish coming up on the beach, pursued by larger fish, then the big yellowtail jacks (about the size of a carp).  I ran up the trail for my fishing rod and surf fished.  I lost 2 nice silver hooks to the yellowtails although it was fun while it lasted.  Two little kids came along and tried to sell me a 6 inch fish to catch an even bigger fish, which was certainly not what I needed.  Then I decided to run up and get my dip net.  Well, that was fun.  I got soaked in my fuchsia dress but the fish had receded to the "washing machine" point in the waves and I decided I didn't want to be a statistic.   We went for drinks at the neighbors and called it a day.  (Sorry no photos, the camera would have been soaked)

No comments: