Sunday 6 March 2016

March 5 - La Peñita 2,3,4,5 & 6


A lovely morning.





As part of our predeparture prep, we borrowed the air compressor from the Oficina and checked the tire pressure on the Bigfoot.



We were sitting on the patio in late afternoon when the pelicans and frigate birds started circling the beach then diving.  It was Toro Time again.  Small fish were rushing up the beach to escape the Toro.
I grabbed my net and rod and headed down to the water.  I grabbed one medium sized fish and threw it up on shore by my tackle box.  Before I got completely turned around a Magnificent Frigate bird (hereafter known as that frigging frigate) snatched my fish and flapped for the sky.  There went my bait fish.


the pelicans and I (red dress) lined up waiting for fish



We ended the day with dinner at Xaltemba restaurant with the original caravan members (La Penita 2, LP3, LP4, LP5, LP6).  The first of them will leave on Monday on their journey north.  

No comments: