Wednesday 20 December 2017

Birdwatching

This morning a birder from La Peñita came and led us on a 3 hour birding walk through our park.  We saw quite a few birds and he will lead another tour in the park next week.  I saw 2 new birds for me - a Northern Waterthrush and a Wilson's warbler.  A few days ago I saw a Masked Tityra.  There was a flock of Black-bellied tree ducks nesting in our estuary.  It always amazes me how many birds are in the park if you take your time and wait in different areas.




Ani


I returned from birding with 20 minutes to spare before Spanish class.  


Our friends finished patio.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Were those Black-bellied tree ducks actually nesting this time of year?

Anonymous said...

I was bird watching the other day. Noticed the main bird around was the Frozen Sparrow.

Cam said...

no they aren't nesting just hanging out