Friday 23 December 2016

December 22nd - A visit to the Doctor and una fiesta de compleaños



I went back to the Doctor's this morning, for a follow-up blood test,  The stylish young secretary had not made it in to work this morning.  There was the drug delivery man, with two plastic bags of drugs, who had waited for over half an hour to get a receipt signature, who was not very happy.


In her stead, the woman who did the blood samples was working the phone, and the young nurse/aide man was working the computer.  The delivery man finally left the drugs without a signature, and the woman took my blood sample.  When I asked how long it would take to get the results, surprisingly, she said "In three hours".  I returned in the early afternoon, and they gave me the results in an envelope, for only $179 MXN.  They seemed surprised when I asked to see the Doctor to interpret the results, but I got immediately in to see him.  Nothing to worry about, he said, everything is normal.  That summation cost $530 MXN (but I did get right in, with no appointment).


As we worked through the billing process, I told the young man "Necesito practicar me español ( I need to practice my Spanish)", he laughed and said "I need to practise my English, slowly, please".  I complimented him on his English, and he on my Spanish, and we both parted happy.



Since we arrived in the end of October, there has been major sewer and water work going on, on one of the major side streets off of Avenida Centro in La Peñita.


The work is completed, and they are nearly finished re-paving the street with uni-stone.


 It was the last market day before Christmas, so it was very busy in La Peñita


Birthday dinner at Santo Remedios in Los Ayala


No comments: