Sunday 25 December 2016

December 24 - Christmas eve on horseback

José picked up Lily and I and we headed up to J.E.E.P. at 9 a.m.   I had ear mite salve with me and I treated the ears of 8 cats while Lily walked dogs.


I had to hold a dog with one hand while Lily took photo


I lured the cats in with Friskies soft cat food.  Then it was time to get ticks off a dog.  Meanwhile a volunteer Mexican trainer gave horseback rides to some visiting children.


I was fortunate to get a wonderful Christmas present as the horse needed exercise and they have a nice arena.  





Little dog who loves to ride horses too.


Flashy gets a bath


After some horse grooming and washing it was time to return to the park.

We had Appy hour on our street then around 6:30 it was time for some cross-cultural Christmas eve events.  The Mexican campers and families of park staff sang a Christmas carol in Spanish then the Canadian and American campers sang a song in English.  This went back and forth for quite awhile.  After that it was piñata smashing time.
There's more to Piñatas than meets the eye





No comments: