Wednesday 23 November 2016

November 23rd - Carpinteria

Nancy was down surf fishing this morning (no fish, but at least one solid bite, she insists) and having fun, so around 9:30, I headed over to el carpinteria to see if our stairs were done.


I got to talk to the carpenter this time, who told me the stairs would be ready today, but mas tarde, later.  He said that he would bring the stairs to the park for me.  He asked my site number, and said he would ask Antonio for directions.  Of course, he said it could be very late, probably after 6; maybe it would be better tomorrow?  I told him tomorrow was OK, but today would be better.  We shall see what transpires.

Last year, several of the Class A's had to open the external refrigerator hatch and have a fan blowing air through the fridge guts, to help them maintain adequately cool temperatures inside the fridge, in the face of  40+ C humidex temperatures.  We are happy to find our Norcold has no problem maintaining cool temperatures on it's lowest setting.



Well, he said sometime after 6, and he was here at 6:10 (after hard dark).  I haven't seen my new steps in the daylight yet, but they fit, and they're very solid.  Now to pick a colour to paint them.  Nancy has already nixed my suggestion of orange. 8-(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have one of the local artisans paint a colourful Mexican motif on the stairs! You could start a new industry? Customized RV accessories.

Meagan said...

I'm with Shelley on this one. Go bright, go bold, go crazy.

Cam said...

Turns out the wood's too wet to paint, we'll have to let it dry out for a while. It's screwed and gorilla glued, so hopefully it won't twist in the process.

Shack Queen said...

Gary and I think Mexican Flag! It will be a great cnversation starter.