Saturday 26 November 2016

November 26th - Twice into town

I walked to town this morning.  I needed a pot for my poinsettia so I could keep it on the table.  The reason being that last night the iguanas ate the side of the poinsettia closest to the patio wall.  

On the way into town I met a couple of guys who really seem to enjoy their work.  They said they were making Chicharron.  Fried pork belly or fried pork rinds.  I asked if I could take their photo.  


Cooking pork rinds in the street in front of a Carniceria






Town square 




Clams anyone?


Maybe a coconut?


This caballo is stabled one block off Centro across from the Doctors office


Getting ready to go out to sell


Got home, repotted my plant and spent the afternoon with friends doing a jigsaw puzzle and drinking margaritas.


There were three female Great Frigates fighting in front of our site; one landed in the tree and waited until the other two left.


It was pretty amazing to see one perched.  It's body is not much larger than a robin, with 2 metre wings folded alongside.

We went to Hinde & Jaime's in downtown La Peñita for supper (as opposed to Hinde & Jaime's up on the hill).  Two tecates (beer), a vino blanco, a couple of fish/shrimp tacos and enchiladas for 175 peso's, including a tip ($11.60 CDN).


Simple but effective parking brake














After supper, we took a ride through Rincon to appreciate the Saturday night activities









No comments: