Friday 13 November 2015

November 13th - Friday


This morning Dave came over and told us a sea turtle was dead on the beach.  We were told not to touch it as the Mexicans come and get it and then bury it after examining it.  Kind of a depressing way to start a morning and a blog, eh.  




With nothing to do until aquasizes at 2:00,  I decided I should get some photos of some of the sites with kitchens.  The one below is being prepped for this weekend which is a long weekend in Mexico and Mexican families are coming in to tent for the weekend.  We actually had children in the pool this afternoon.


Not sure how that flusher is going to work in the background



flora


a kitchen site


a very nice kitchen site


the tenting cook area with electric hot plates provided


another kitchen site (as yet unclaimed Amy)


that's me telling Cam there is no way I'm tramping through that grass on the right to get his plane


 that's Kirk saying he'll check it out if I let him out of the car


However there is one side of the field I will tramp through as the grass is shorter


this guy is hanging out under the oranges we have out for orioles


I think he is contemplating how to get up to the oranges

Kirk had a near fit this afternoon when something ran under and perhaps up the Bigfoot and he still hasn't settled down tonight.  He keeps peering up the side of the Bigfoot.  It was probably the green guy in the above photo.



Violet crowned hummingbird


I think the one on the left is the Black chinned




I have also seen several other new species - a Grey Hawk, Painted Buntings, and Orchard orioles.  We also had some unidentified orange and black orioles (there are about 4 or 5 species in variations of this colour) checking out the feeder from a distance today.   I bought a stiff broom in town for sweeping the patio and checked out the menus in several recommended restaurants.  All in all a pretty lazy day.

No comments: