Monday 23 November 2015

November 23rd - Monday

Another day another fishing expedition out to the breakwater.  This time I lost one and caught a puffer fish.  As did the other fellow.  Photos of my prize puffer to follow.  Unfortunately, unless you are a well trained sushi chef you will poison yourself eating pufferfish!  Next time we will try the other breakwater as it has a sand ridge along it and I have read that the edible surf fish like that.(pictures of me with mine to follow)



Good thing I remembered the net



Pufferfish





Meanwhile, the experienced fishermen with the boat brought this sailfish in today.  The fin is a deep royal blue.  They are going to smoke the meat as it is another dark fleshed fish.  Apparently there are 2 smokers here in the park.  



Sailfish



Kirk relaxing at dog sitters

No comments: