Monday 30 November 2015

November 30 - Where is Agustin? Uncanny coincidences!

I know - you ask who is Agustin?  Agustin is "the guy" who is taking us out deep sea fishing Thursday.  I asked to see the seats in the boat to make sure they had backs and the lady in the office here at the RV park said Agustin would be at the Pelicanos restaurant on the beach in Rincon in 20 minutes.  So we went there.  No Agustin.  I went to several other spots he "might be".  Anyway I ended up at the boat rental at the Decameron where a young man asked what I wanted Agustin for.  I explained.  He (Curro) said "we own all the boats, we are the commercial fishermen, Agustin is a guide who gets the boat from us.  You should come to us first, but this time go with Agustin."
If only I could find him I said.  Curro said he would phone a friend of Agustin.  So he phones, says Nancy from La Penita is looking for Agustin and then he says "this guy says he knows you" and hands me the phone.   I can't hear the guy clearly and I say I don't remember.  Curro takes the phone back and just then I remember - it is Hector from the fish market in La Penita!


But he had already hung up.  Curro tries to phone him back but it is busy (probably calling Agustin).  Curro says Hector said he would tell Agustin I am waiting at the Pelicanos.  Curro and I talked about commercial fishing and he made sure I put his phone number in my cell to call when I need a boat again.  Small world, too weird.  At the restaurant a lady came up to me and said Agustin would be there in 15 to 20 minutes.  We waited 25 and left.


This least tern waited with me

 Later the girl from our park who booked him said he would come to the park in a taxi and get me to go see the boat but I said that was unnecessary.  She then said he would send her a photo on her phone and I said that would be great.  Hope he is timely on Thursday, if not I now have backup.
P.S. I won $100 pesos in grey cup pool.

No comments: