Monday 6 November 2017

November 6 - Wandering around Roca Azul

We spent the day here at Roca Azul.  Checked out the pool but somehow never actually went back for a swim.  There were a lot of Mexican families here on the weekend but now everyone is gone home to work.








My Spanish has improved and it seems I can manage to have rather broken conversations with local people.  I had a talk with a young fellow who is here for 3 months to play futbol and is earning some pesos as a gardener at the same time.  He wanted to know where we were from, were we all one familia, where were we going, how long were we staying, etc.  We managed to get through all that in español.  Whew.  

I did a lot of birding - Lesser Goldfinch, White-faced Ibis, Kiskadee, and others I have seen before.  As well as a Hepatic Tanager, Bewick's wren and a Bushtit which are new birds for me.  The trees are gorgeous and many have fruit and berries so there are a lot of birds.  Our water tap is leaking and forming a small pool and that is also drawing them to our site.  



It was a hot day.   However, the nights are very cool.




No comments: